Preperation Hyper-V Server
In order to install this environment we need to prepare and document what we want to do. This includes a list of server names IP addresses, domains etc.
I will install this environment on a single server configured as Windows 2008 R2 and the Hyper-V Role.
The specification on the server is:
- Intel XEON CPU.
- 2 x 6 Core E5645 @ 2.40 GHz 12 logical processor
- 128 GB RAM
- 4 Broadcom BCM5709C NetExtreme II NIC Interface Card
The first operation is to define the Virtual Network i will need in my Hyper-V installation. In order to simulate the complete setup i will install my servers in different V-LAN, and use the Forefront TMG proxy server to communicate data between the different domains
The picture below shows the current networks created
- This network will operate in the range from 192.168.0.1 > 192.168.0.255, and will represent the DMZ zone for my external Access
- This is my internal network of servers that operates in the range from 126.96.36.199 > 188.8.131.52
- This is the network that represents my ISP, all net card attached to this switch will be setup using DHCP
- This network communicates to my SAN using the ISCSI Target software. and will only be attached on servers that uses storage from the SAN
The illustration below will show a representation of the total infrastructure and will be updated a long with the implementation of the servers is done.